The manufacturing resources of ARF are very comprehensive. Availability of highly skilled manpower with ongoing training programme abreast with the technological advancements is also the hallmark of ARF. The core capabilities of factory consist of:-
- Canopies & Wind Shields Manufacturing
- Harness Manufacturing
- Propeller & QEC Overhaul
- NDT and Metrology setup
- Precision Machining Complex
- Weapon Rebuild Facility
- Heat & Surface Treatment
- Sheet Metal Setup
- Rubber & Polymer Parts Manufacturing
- Spring Manufacturing
- Forging and Casting
- Aviation Standard Painting
Canopies and Windshields Manufacturing
Canopy and Windshield Center of Excellence (CoE) is an advanced facility established at ARF providing support primarily to Pakistan Air Force as well as venturing into commercial projects with different inland companies and friendly countries. The core capabilities of this facility include:
- Manufacturing, Repairing and overhauling of canopies, windshields and window panels of different fighter, trainer, helicopters and transport fleet aircraft.
- Precise cutting and transferring of holes in acrylic transparencies through 5 Axis CNC milling machine.
- Reverse Engineering of product through 3D scanning, CAD modeling on CATIA software and manufacturing of moulds / dies on CNC machining.
- Computerized Optical Quality inspection of formed transparencies.
Harness Manufacturing and Rewiring Centre (HM&RC)
HM&RC is a Center of Excellence that is capable of manufacturing aviation standard manufacturing electrical harnesses using the latest materials and techniques. This facility is certified by a number of international companies including SAGEM, DERCO, AXON, CATIC and RAYCHEM.
- Manufacturing of harnesses as per OEM Standards for Chinese, French and American range aircraft
- Complete Wiring Conductivity / Insulation Resistance Tests
- Repair / Overhaul of Harnesses
- Re-Wiring solutions for helicopters & small aircraft
Propeller & QEC Overhaul
- Five yearly inspection of Dowty Propeller of SAAB 2000
- Overhaul of C-130 Propellers and QECs
- Complete Disassembly and Rework
- Assembly and Operational Checks
- IOC Repair and Overhaul
- Calibration Facilities
- Pressure Metrology
- Length & Geometric Metrology
- Electromagnetism Metrology
- Temperature Metrology
- Flow Metrology
- Mass Metrology
- Volume Metrology
- Force Metrology
Absolute Pressure meters / testers, Standard Pressure meters / testers, Vacuum Meters, Hydraulic / Oxygen Pressure Gauges, Air Pressure Gauges, Pressure Sensors and Digital Pressure Meters.
Vernier calipers, DTIs, Micrometers, Gauge Blocks, Ring gauges and Plug gauges.
AC/DC Volt meters, Amp meters, AC Watt meter Resistance Boxes, Micro ohm meters and Electric Bridges, Microwave signal generator, Oscilloscope, Power meters, Attenuators and Frequency Counters, compass system and Stop Watches.
Thermocouple, Thermometers, Temperature Indicators, Controllers and Recorders, Hygrometers.
Digital Flow Meters, Glass Flow Meters, Mass Flow Meters / Sensors and Fuel Flow Meters / Sensors.
Weights and Digital / Counter Balances
Glass Volume Meters like beakers, Pipette, Burette, etc.
Tensile tester, Dynamometer, Hardness tester, Shore Hardness Testers, Force Gauges, Load Sensors, Spring Testers, Torque Wrenches and Torque Testers.
- Testing Facilities
- Non-Destructive Testing Facilities
- Magnetic Particles Testing
- Penetrant Testing
- Radio Graphic Testing
- Eddy Current Testing
- Ultrasonic Testing
Portable 0~300 A, Stationary equipment 0~10000 A and Magnetic Yoke.
Red dye Penetrant and Fluorescent Penetrant testing.
Portable equipment 0~50 mm of steel, Stationary equipment 0~25 mm of steel.
Surface Scan Eddy Current Testing (SSEC) and Bolt Hole Eddy Current Testing of Aluminum and Steel.
Ultrasonic inspetion of Aluminium and steel parts by using Ultrasonic Flaw Detector.
- Destructive Testing Facilities
- Physical Properties Testing
- Metallographic Testing
- Chemical Analysis
Tensile, Compression, Bending, Shearing, Hardness and Impact Strength.
Testing of Macro / Micro Structure of Metallic Materials.
Determination of % age of elements in Ferrous and Aluminum Alloys.
- Non-Destructive Testing Facilities
- Aerospace Material Characterization Facility
- Surface Treatment Assessment (Ultrasonic Thickness Meter)
- Determination of Hardness (after sample preparation)
- Chemical Composition Analysis (after sample preparation)
- Microstructure Examination, Evaluation & Interpretation
- Materials Equivalent Study
- Material Heat Treatment Study
Precision Machining Complex
- CAD / CAM based CNC programming (CATIA)
- CNC 3 to 4 Axis Milling Machines
- CNC Turning & Milling Machines
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) for inspection
- CNC Abrasive Water Jet Cutting Machine
Weapon Rebuild Complex
- Overhaul of Chinese aircraft Alternate Mission Equipment (AMEs) Ejection Seats and aircraft guns
- Overhaul & Qualification of all available Ejector Units (ERUs) of F-7P, F-7PG, K-8 and JF-17 aircraft
- Provision of Depot level maintenance / overhaul support of Armament GSE / GHE
- To undertake Indigenization and development tasks in the domain of Weapon and armament, especially in the field of standoff long-range Precision Guided Munitions and laser Guided Bomb Kits
- Overhaul of F-16 and Mirage Aircraft Alternate Mission Equipment (AMEs)
- Overhaul & Qualification of all available Ejector Units (ERUs) of F-16 and Mirage aircrafts
- Manufacturing of JF-17 Universal Outboard Station Pylon (UOSP)
Heat & Surface Treatment Facility
- Heat Treatment
- Hardening, Tempering, Quenching, Normalizing & Carbonizing
- Surface Treatment
- Zinc, Chromium, Cadmium, Nickle, Tin, Copper, Silver and Shine Nickle Plating
- Hard, Sulphuric Acid, Chromic Acid, Red, Green, Blue & Black Color Anodizing
- Bluing & Acid Pickling
- Oxidation of Aluminum / Magnesium
Sheet Metal Setup
The factory has an elaborate sheet metal facility in which more than 2300 parts of different variants of Chinese aircraft and drop tanks are formed. The basic processes include pressing, bending, turning, crafting and shrinking. State of the art machines including CNC spinning machine, Hydraulic presses (315&70 ton) and Deburring machines are available at the facility.
Rubber and Polymer Parts
ARF has a well-equipped rubber parts manufacturing facility for all the Chinese weapon systems which is not only providing support to Pakistan Air Force, PAC factories but is also meeting the requirements of all GOH related rubber parts manufacturing processes. The facility is capable of producing about 1300 different type of rubber parts (“O” ring, Gasket, Washers, Seals, Spacers etc). The basic processes involve in the manufacturing of rubber parts are:
In the field of spring manufacturing, the factory has acquired the skill to fulfill the requirement of springs being used during overhauling of an aircraft. These include torsion, tension and compression springs.
Forging and Casting
ARF has a well-equipped forging facility which is sufficient to meet the requirements of all GOH related forging processes. Casting of ferrous and nonferrous parts up to 120 kg in weight can also be carried out.
Aviation Standard Painting / De-painting
Painting and de-painting facility is being utilized for on all the aircraft being overhauled at ARF. This includes internal and external aviation standard painting of various areas of the aircraft.